DhaibaWorks: A Software Platform for Human-Centered Cyber-Physical Systems
National Institute of Advanced Industrial Science and Technology (AIST)
2-3-26 Aomi, Koto-ku, Tokyo 135-0064, Japan
In this paper, as a practical approach to building a human-centered cyber-physical system (CPS), we propose a software platform that integrates hardware and software materials to realize a human digital twin (HDT) including model construction, data acquisition, analysis, and intervention in terms of the physical load and physical capabilities of humans. Furthermore, as a case study of this platform in industrial applications, we introduce an example of a human-centered CPS in which humans and robots work together to realize better human workability and production line productivity within the system.
-  R. H. Rawung and A. G. Putrada, “Cyber Physical System: Paper Survey,” Int. Conf. on ICT for Smart Society, pp. 273-278, 2014.
-  M. Grieves, “Digital twin: Manufacturing excellence through virtual factory replication,” White Paper, 2014.
-  ISO 27500:2016, “The human-centred organization — Rationale and general principles,” 2016.
-  ISO 27501:2019, “The human-centred organization — Guidance for managers,” 2019.
-  C-Motion, Inc., “Visual3D.” https://c-motion.com [Accessed November, 2022]
-  S. L. Delp, F. C. Anderson, A. S. Arnold, P. Loan, A. Habib, C. T. John, E. Guendelman, and D. G. Thelen, “OpenSim: Open-Source Software to Create and Analyze Dynamic Simulations of Movement,” IEEE Trans. on Biomedical Engineering, Vol.54, No.11, pp. 1940-1950, 2007.
-  AnyBody Technology. https://www.anybodytech.com [Accessed November 2, 2022]
-  T. Tozuka, “Amazon Web Services Blog.” https://aws.amazon.com/jp/blogs/news/digital-twins-on-aws-unlocking-business-value-and-outcomes/ [Accessed September 14, 2022]
-  D. Metcalfe and M. Tohani, “Five Digital Twin Strategies For Industrial Facilities,” Verdantix, 2019.
-  National Institute of Advanced Industrial Science and Technology, “Dhaiba Suite and DhaibaWorks.” https://www.dhaibaworks.com/ [Accessed October 27, 2022]
-  The Object Management Group, “Unified Modeling Language.” https://www.omg.org/spec/UML [Accessed January 18, 2023]
-  N. Magnenat-Thalmann and D. Thalmann, “Human Body Deformations Using Joint-Dependent Local Operators and Finite Element Theory,” N. I. Badler, B. A. Barsky, and D. Zeltzer (Eds.), “Making Them Move: Mechanics, Control, and Animation of Articulated Figures,” Morgan Kaufmann Publishers Inc., pp. 243-262, 1991.
-  R. W. Sumner and J. Popović, “Deformation Transfer for Triangle Meshes,” ACM Trans. on Graphics, Vol.23, No.3, pp. 399-405, 2004.
-  Y. Endo, M. Tada, and M. Mochimaru, “Hand Modeling and Motion Reconstruction for Individuals,” Int. J. Automation Technol., Vol.8, No.3, pp. 376-387, 2014.
-  Y. Endo, M. Tada, and M. Mochimaru, “Estimation of Arbitrary Human Models from Anthropometric Dimensions,” Proc. of Int. Conf. on Digital Human Modeling and Applications in Health, Safety, Ergonomics and Risk Management, pp. 3-14, 2015.
-  T. Maruyama, M. Tada, and H. Toda, “Riding Motion Capture System Using Inertial Measurement Units with Contact Constraints,” Int. J. Automation Technol., Vol.13, No.5, pp. 506-516, 2019.
-  T. Maruyama, K. Ito, M. Tada, and T. Higuchi, “The Effect of Visual and Vibro-Tactile Feedback During Floor Cleaning Task on Motion and Task Performance,” Proc. of Int. Conf. on Human-Computer Interaction, pp. 261-269, 2020.
-  K. Ayusawa and Y. Nakamura, “Fast Inverse Dynamics Algorithm with Decomposed Computation of Gradient for Wire-Driven Multi-Body Systems and Its Application to Estimation of Human Muscle Tensions,” Proc. of 2nd IFToMM Int. Symp. on Robotics and Mechatronics, 2011.
-  T. Maruyama, T. Ueshiba, M. Tada, H. Toda, Y. Endo, Y. Domae, Y. Nakabo, T. Mori, and K. Suita, “Digital Twin-Driven Human Robot Collaboration Using a Digital Human,” Sensors, Vol.21, Issue 24, 8266, 2021.
-  R. Maderna, M. Poggiali, A. M. Zanchettin, and P. Rocco, “An online scheduling algorithm for human-robot collaborative kitting,” 2020 IEEE Int. Conf. on Robotics and Automation (ICRA), pp. 11430-11435, 2020.
-  L. v. der Spaa, M. Gienger, T. Bates, and J. Kober, “Predicting and Optimizing Ergonomics in Physical Human-Robot Cooperation Tasks,” 2020 IEEE Int. Conf. on Robotics and Automation (ICRA), pp. 1799-1805, 2020.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.