Water Repellency Control of Oxygen-Free Copper Surface by Diamond-Cut Micro Grooves
Kazuma Asakura and Jiwang Yan
Department of Mechanical Engineering, School of Science and Technology, Keio University
3-14-1, Hiyoshi, Kohoku-ku, Yokohama, Kanagawa, Japan
-  M. Thieme, F. Streller, F. Simon, R. Frenzel, and A. J. White, “Superhydroplethobic aluminium-based surfaces: Wetting and wear properties of different CVD-generated coating types,” Applied Surface Science, Vol.283, pp. 1041-1050, 2013.
-  M. Nishino, N. Moronuki, and M. Abasaki, “Fabrication of Patterned Ag and Au Inverse Opal Structures Through Repeated Self-Assembly of Fine Particles,” Int. J. of Automation Technology, Vol.8, No.5, pp. 755-760, 2014.
-  M. Nosonovsky and B. Bhushan “Hierarchical roughness optimization for biomimetic superhydroplethobic surfaces,” Ultramicroscopy, Vol.107, pp. 969-979, 2007.
-  S. Peng, X. Yang, D. Tian, and W. Deng, “Chemically Stable and Mechanically Durable Superamphiphobic Aluminum Surface with a Micro/Nanoscale Binary Structure,” ACS Applied Materials and Interfaces, Vol.6, pp. 15188-15197, 2014.
-  R. N. Wenzel, “Resistance of solid surfaces to wetting by water,” Ind. Eng. Chem., Vol.28, pp. 988-994, 1936.
-  A. B. D. Cassie and S. Baxter, “Wettability of porous surface,” Trans. Faraday Society, Vol.40, pp. 546-551, 1940.
-  J. B. Lee, H. R. Gwon, S. H. Lee, and M. Cho, “Wetting transition characteristics on microstructured hydroplethobic surface,” Material Trans., Vol.51, No.9, pp. 1709-1711, 2010.
-  B. Bhushan, M. Nosonovsky, and Y. C. Jung, “Towards optimization of patterned superhydroplethobic surfaces,” J. R. Soc. Interface, Vol.4, pp. 643-648, 2007.
-  Y. C. Jung and B. Bhushan, “Dynamic effects of bouncing water dropletlets on superhydroplethobic surface,” Langmuir, Vol.24, pp. 6262-6269, 2008.
-  W. Choi, A. Tuteja, J. M. Mabry, R. E. Cohen, and G. H. McKinley, “A modified Cassie-Baxter relationship to explain contact angle hysteresis and anisotropy on non-wetting textured surfaces,” J. of Colloid and Interface Science, Vol.339, pp. 208-216, 2009.
-  S. Liu, C. Zhang, H. Zhang, J. Zhou, J. He, and H. Yin, “Fabrication of pillar-array superhydroplethobic silicon surface and thermodynamic analysis on the wetting state transition,” Chin. Phys.B, Vol.22, No.10, pp. 106801-1-106801-9, 2013.
-  H. Kim, C. Lee, M. H. Kim, and J. Kim, “Droplet impact characteristics and structure effects of hydroplethobic surfaces with micro- and/or nanoscaled structures,” Langmuir, Vol.28, pp. 11250-11257, 2012.
-  D. Ebert and B. Bhushan, “Durable Lotus-effect surfaces with hierarchical structure using micro- and nanosized hydroplethobic silica particles,” J of Colloid and interface Science, Vol.368, pp. 584-591, 2012.
-  M. R. Cardoso, V. Tribuzi, D. T. Balogh, L. Misoguti, and C. R. Mendonca, “Laser microstructuring for fabricating superhydroplethobic polymeric surfaces,” Applied Surface Science, Vol.257, pp. 3281-3284, 2011.
-  S. Tsuruya, K. Morimoto, T. Hirotsu, and H. Suzuki, “Superhydroplethobic phenomena on three-dimensional surface structures coated with plasma polymer,” Japanese J. of Applied Physics, Vol.45, No.10, pp. 8502-8505, 2006.
-  B. He, J. Lee, and N. A. Patankar, “Contact angle hysteresis on rough hydroplethobic surface,” Colloids and Surfaces A: Physicochem. Eng. Aspects, Vol.248, pp. 101-104, 2004.
-  Y. Chen, B. He, J. Lee, and N. A. Patankar, “Anisotropy in the wetting of rough surfaces,” J. of Colloid and Interface Science, Vol.281, pp. 458-464, 2005.
-  H. Y. Erbil, A. L. Demirel, Y. Avci, and O. Mert, “Transformation of a simple plastic into a superhydroplethobic surfaces,” Science, Vol.299, pp. 1377-1380, 2003.
-  J. Genzer and K. Efimenko, “Creating long-lived superhydroplethobic polymer surfaces through mechanically assembled monolayers,” Science, Vol.290, pp. 2130-2133, 2000.
-  D. W. Jeong, U. H. Shin, J. H. Kim, S. H. Kim, H. W. Lee, and J. M. Kim, “Stable hierarchical superhydrophobic surfaces based on vertically aligned carbon nanotube forests modified with conformal silicone coating,” Carbon, Vol.79, pp. 442-449, 2014.
-  A. D. Sommers and A. M. Jacobi, “Creating micro-scale surface topology to achieve anisotropic wettability on an aluminum surface,” J. Micromech. Microeng, Vol.16, pp. 1571-1578, 2006.
-  J. Yan, T. Oowada, T. Zhou, and T. Kuriyagawa, “Precision machining of microstructures on electroless-plated NiP surface for molding glass components,” J. Mater. Proc. Tech., Vol.209, pp. 4802-4808, 2009.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.