An EOQ Model for Reuse and Recycling Considering the Balance of Supply and Demand
Tomomi Nonaka* and Nobutada Fujii**
*Department of Industrial and Systems Engineering, Aoyama Gakuin University
5-10-1 Fuchinobe, Chuo-ku Sagamihara-shi, Kanagawa 252-5258, Japan
**Graduate School of System Informatics, Kobe University
1-1 Rokkodai, Nada, Kobe, Hyogo 657-8501, Japan
-  L. D. DeSimone and F. Popoff, “Eco-efficiency,” The MIT Press, 1997.
-  H. Komoto, S. Kondoh, and K. Masui, “Simulating the Formulation of Urban Mines Considering the Rational Decisions of Distributed End-of-Life Stakeholders,” Int. J. of Automation Technology, Vol.8, No.5, pp. 653-663, 2014.
-  M. Fleischmann, J. M. Bloemhof-Ruwaard, R. Dekker, E. van der Laan, J. A. E. E. van Nuen, and L. N. van Wassenhove, “Quantitative models for reverse logistics: A review,” European J. of Operational Research, Vol.103, pp. 1-17, 1997.
-  I. Dobos and K. Richter, “An Extended Production/Recycling Model with Stationary Demand and Return Rates,” Int. J. of Production Economics, Vol.90, No.3, pp. 311-323, 2004.
-  D. A. Schrady, “A Deterministic Inventory Model for Reparable Items,” Naval Research Logistics Quarterly, Vol.14, No.3, pp. 391-398, 1967.
-  N. Nahmias and H. Rivera, “A Deterministic Model for Repairable Item Inventory System with a Finite Repair Rate,” Int. J. of Production Research, Vol.17, No.3, pp. 215-221, 1979.
-  R. Teunter, “Lot-sizing for Inventory Systems with Product Recovery,” Computers & Industrial Engineering, Vol.46, No.3, pp. 431-441, 2004.
-  K. Richter, “The EOQ Repair and Waste Disposal Model with Variable Setup Numbers,” European J. of Operations Research, Vol.95, No.2, pp. 313-324, 1996.
-  I. Dobos and K. Richter, “The integer EOQ repair and waste disposal model – further analysis,” Central European J. of Operations Research, Vol.8, No.2, pp. 173-194, 2000.
-  G. Nenes, S. Panagiotidou, and R. Dekker, “Inventory Control Policies for Inspection and Remanufacturing of Returns: A Case Study,” Int. J. of Production Economics, Vol.125, No.2, pp. 300-312, 2010.
-  M. Y. Jaber and A. M. A. El Saadany, “The Production, Remanufacture and Waste Disposal Model with Lost Sales,” Int. J. of Production Economics, Vol.120, No.1, pp. 115-124, 2009.
-  M. Y. Jaber, M. Bonney, and I. Moualek, “An Economic Order Quantity Model for an Imperfect Production Process with Entropy Cost,” Int. J. of Production Economics, Vol.118, No.1, pp. 26-33, 2009.
-  Y. Umeda, S. Kondoh, T. Sugino, and H. Yoshikawa, “Analysis of Reusability using Marginal Reuse Rate’,” CIRP Annals – Manufacturing Technology, Vol.55, No.1, pp. 41-44, 2006.
-  F. W. Harris, “What Quantity to Make at Once,” The Library of Factory Management, 5: Operation and Costs, A. Q. Shaw Company, pp. 47-52, 1915.
-  M. Omar and I. Yeo, “A Model for a Production–Repair System under a Time-varying Demand Process,” Int. J. of Production Economics, Vol.119, No.1, pp. 17-23, 2009.
-  R. Klever, S. Minner, and G. Kiesmuller, “A Continuous Time Inventory Model for a Product Recovery System with Multiple Options,” Int. J. of Production Economics, Vol.79, No.2, pp. 121-141, 2002.
-  S. Takata and T. Kimura, “Process Management in Closed-loop Manufacturing based on Life Cycle Simulation: Parts Ordering Policies in Consideration of Part Reuse,” Proc. Manufacturing Systems Division Conf., pp. 25-26, 2004 (in Japanese).
-  H. Hiraoka and A. Tanaka, “Simulator for Reuse of Mechanical Parts with Network Agents,” Int. J. of Automation Technology, Vol.3, No.1, pp. 77-83, 2009.
-  S. Kondoh, T. Tateno, and M. Matsumoto, “Multi-agent Simulation of Component Reuse Focusing on Variations in User Preference,” CIRP J. of Manufacturing Science and Technology, Vol.1, No.4, pp. 287-293, 2009.
-  T. Nonaka, T. Kaihara, N. Fujii, and J. Zhu, “Reuse and Recycle EOQ Model for Reverse Logistics with a Marginal Reuse Rate,” Proc. of the 15th Int. Conf. on Precision Engineering, pp. 460-465, 2014.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.