Meal-Assistance Robot Using Ultrasonic Motor with Eye Interface
Kanya Tanaka*, Shenglin Mu**, and Shota Nakashima*
*Graduate School of Science and Engineering, Yamaguchi University, 2-16-1 Tokiwadai, Ube, Yamaguchi 755-8611, Japan
**Department of Electronic Control, Hiroshima National College of Maritime Technology, 4272-1 Higashino, Osakikamijima-cho, Toyota-gun, Hiroshima 725-0231, Japan
-  M. Fujie, “Robots to Meet Care Needs,” Highlighting Japan through Articles, Vol.3, No.3, pp. 28-29, 2009.
-  J. L. Dallaway, R. D. Jackson, and P. H. A. Timmers, “Rehabilitation Robotics in Europe,” IEEE Transactions on Rehabilitation Engineering, Vol.3, No.1, pp. 35-45, 1995.
-  N. Tejima, “Rehabilitation Robotics: a Review,” Advanced Robotics, Vol.14, No.7, pp. 551-564, 2000.
-  Y. Kuriyama, K. Yano, and M. Hamaguchi, “Trajectory Planning for Meal Assist Robot Considering Spilling Avoidance,” Proceedings of 17th IEEE International Conference on Control Applications Part of 2008 IEEE Multi-conference on Systems and Control, pp. 1220-1225, 2008.
-  K. Tanaka and Y. Nishimura, “Development of Meal-Assistance Robot for People with Disabilities of Upper Limbs,” Life Support, Vol.22 No.2, pp. 25-30, 2010.
-  T. Mukai, S. Hirano, H. Nakashima, Y. Sakaida and S. Guo, “Realization and Safety Measures of Patient Transfer by Nursing-Care Assistant Robot RIBA with Tactile Sensors,” Journal of Robotics and Mechatronics, Vol.23, No.3, pp. 360-369, 2011.
-  W. Song and J. Kim, “Novel Assistive Robot for Self-feeding,” Robotic Systems – Applications, Control and Programming, pp. 43-60, 2012.
-  D. McColl and G. Nejat, “Meal-Time with a Socially Assistive Robot and Older Adults at a Long-term Care Facility,” Journal of Human-Robot Interaction, Vol.2, No.1, pp. 152-171, 2013.
-  Y. Ohshima, Y. Kobayashi, T. Kaneko, A. Yamashita, and H. Asama, “Meal Support System with Spoon Using Laser Range Finder and Manipulator,” Proceedings of the 2013 IEEE Workshop on Robot Vision (WoRV2013), pp. 82-87, 2013.
-  T. Tsuji, M. Yamada, and Y. Kaneko, “A Robot Measuring Upper Limb Range of Motion for Rehabilitation Database,” Journal of Robotics and Mechatronics, Vol.25, No.3, pp. 515-520, 2013.
-  “Health Care and Welfare Measures for People with Physical Disabilities,” Annual Health, Labour and Welfare Report of Japan, 2011-2012.
-  M. Topping, “An Overview of the Development of Handy 1, a Rehabilitation Robot to Assist the Severely Disabled,” Journal of Intelligent and Robotic Systems, Vol.34, pp. 253-263, 2002.
-  R. Topping, S. Ishii, and A. Fukase, “The Development of Mealassistance Robot “My Spoon”,” Proceedings of the International Conference on Rehabilitation Robotics, pp. 88-91, 2003.
-  T. Kenjo and T. Sashida, “An Introduction of Ultrasonic Motor,” Oxford Science Publications, 1993.
-  K. Uchino, “Piezoelectric Ultrasonic Motors: Overview,” Smart Material Structure, Vol.7, pp. 273-285, 1998.
-  K. Adachi, “Actuator with friction drive: Ultrasonic motor,” The Japan Society of Mechanical Engineers, Vol.108, pp. 48-51, 2005.
-  C. Zhao, “Ultrasonic Motor-Technologies and Applications,” Science Press Beijing and Springer-Verlag Berlin Heidelberg, 2011.
-  S. Mu and K. Tanaka, “Intelligent IMC-PID Control Using PSO for Ultrasonic Motor,” International Journal of Engineering Innovation and Management, Vol.1, pp. 69-76, 2011.
-  K. Tanaka, Y. Yoshimura, Y. Wakasa, T. Akashi, M. Oka, and S. Mu, “Variable gain type intelligent PID control for ultrasonic motor,” The Japan Society Applied Electromagnetics and Mechanics, Vol.17, pp. 107-113, 2009.
-  T. Akashi, Y. Wakasa, K. Tanaka, S. Karungaru, and M. Fukumi, “Using Genetic Algorithm for Eye Detection and Tracking in Video Sequence,” Journal of Journal of Systemics, Cybernetics and Informatics, Vol.5, No.2, pp. 72-78, 2007.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.